Working with an IT Staffing agency can be a great way to find your next job, especially if you are open to many different job opportunities including direct hire and contract work. Like anything else, there are ways to get the most out of your relationship with the IT Staffing company, here are some of the best ways to optimize your experience:
- First, shop around. Look for a company that has been around for a while and belongs to industry associations. This helps ensure that they will be acting in a professional and ethical manner and have your best interest at heart.
- Build a relationship with your recruiter. Find one you have trust in and feel comfortable discussing all aspects of your career. Having a trusted professional on your side during your journey is a big advantage for you.
- Be very clear about your goals from the start. This includes what type of job you are looking for, what compensation you must have, your timeframe for making a change and the working environment. The more specific you can be about your goals, the easier it will be for the recruiter to match you with the relevant opportunities.
- Update your resume and online profiles. These are the first things anyone will see when considering you for a job. Make sure that your resume is up-to-date and highlights your relevant skills and experience. Also, update your online profiles, such as LinkedIn, to ensure they reflect your current work experience and skills. Be very careful that your resume and online profiles match and that there are no discrepancies on dates, titles or responsibilities.
- Communicate regularly with your recruiter. Make sure that you respond promptly to emails and phone calls from your recruiter and keep them updated on any changes to your job search goals or availability. This will help your recruiter to find the best opportunities for you.
- Be open to feedback. Recruiters have a lot of experience in matching candidates to job opportunities. They may provide feedback on your resume or interview skills to help you stand out from other candidates. Be open to their feedback and use it to improve your job search.
- Let the recruiter help you negotiate. Because of our relationships with the hiring managers, we may have insight into what is possible. We also have extensive experience in negotiating!
- Your recruiter can also assist your friends and colleagues with finding new opportunities. They are happy to work with all referrals.
The goal of the recruiting staff at any reputable IT Staffing Agency is to build long-term relationships with their candidates and help you throughout your career.