Share this Opportunity
Location: New York, New York
Salary/Pay Range: $225,000 - $285,000
Job DescriptionOur client is a fortune 500 provider of Analytics and Research in the financial industry .
The Role: Head of Data Center Technology Engineering
The Team: We are in the middle of a technology transformation and digitizing and modernizing the technology platforms. The Digital Technology Services (DTS) is responsible for the foundation of technology and leading the cloud transformation and 60 percent of our applications are moved to our multi-cloud strategy. Looking at the Data Center Portfolio as a result from a large Merger and we want to accelerate our journey to modernizing our infrastructure. With that background, we are looking for a though leader and engineering leader to manage our existing Data Center Portfolio and work with the transformation team to manage the transition to the cloud, while providing continuity in the services that power the global markets. Head of Data Center Engineering is responsible for running the engineering (plan and build) of the solutions that are running in the data center, such as Compute and Storage while working with the managed services (run) provider.
In addition to the direct responsibility of plan and build components of the Data Center and the run functions, the leader is responsible for large and complex programs and initiatives that are part of our cloud transformation and contribute & drive the governance and oversight of the transformation.
The role and the level of transformation experience the DTS leadership has achieved over time presents a great opportunity for a talented engineering leader to learn and contribute and grow with the team. This role reports into Head of Cloud and Infrastructure with Head of Cloud, Head of Network, Head of Database engineering as the some of the key peers.
What’s in it for you: Client is seeking a deeply technical Engineering leader to help us deliver world-class integrated IT services to support the organization. In this role you will have:
- Responsibility to deliver on challenging and constantly evolving technical requirements for a large, state-of-the-art technology landscape.
- Manage global staff of 15 direct resources and 316 managed hosting resources
- Manage the business stakeholders who are responsible to keeping the business services up
- Must influence all elements of end-to-end solution design for infrastructure digital technology transformation
- The opportunity to shape the way we deliver service, develop a team, and engage directly with the most senior stakeholders in a 40k+ staff organization
- Developing a team of technology experts to partner with our business Divisions to understand and support their unique requirements.
- Technology innovation in the areas of scope to develop a leading-edge portfolio of solutions.
- Build strategic business relationships and align our service to the customer objectives.
- Managing technology risk and disaster recovery testing program for in-scope services
- Maintaining strong relationships with manufacturers, dealers, and sales representatives
- Mentoring other Cloud & Infrastructure towers on technical best-practice
- Demonstrated Engineering Skills and steady increase in responsibilities in a reputed infrastructure organization
- Must have familiarity in working finance services organization or a FinTech organization
- Must have prior experience in participating in large transformation programs
- 15 years+ experience delivering enterprise-scale technology solutions and programs in an agile environment.
- Proven track record in scanning the market for innovation and applying it to the enterprise.
- Cross-discipline experience including Virtualization, Networking, Database and Cloud
- Excellent relationship-building skills and managing Sr. stakeholders
- Excellent written, presentation and communication skills
- Experience operating in large-scale multi-cloud technology environments
- Deep grasp on the latest technology across multiple vendors
- Must have prior experience in contributing to the culture and people/employee resource groups