Share this Opportunity
Location: New York, New York
Salary/Pay Range: $120,000 - $160,000
Job DescriptionA Full-time, Java Engineer job is available with our client, a global investment bank located in NYC. This is a hybrid role that will require commuting to the local office throughout the week. Candidates MUST be local to the NYC Metropolitan area for this role.
Your role will be part of the Data Services Technology team within the organization. Data Services provides foundational architectural solutions and market and reference data that powers rates, credit, securitized products and other businesses, with a large set of requirements for strategic expansion.
The role is to help design and implement Client Data Fabric, a data delivery platform that will allow producers across the firm to publish data sets and make them available to consumers in all regions of operation, in AWS and On-prem data centers. The Data Fabric will support use cases from fast streaming of huge data sets (initially, terabytes and eventually, petabytes), low-latency look-ups from local caches, and massive joins and aggregations of data in Cloud-based Data Lakes.
The candidate will have a chance to join the team in the early stages of development, influence architectural direction and help build the system from the ground up.
The ideal candidate will have a combination of very strong data structure and algorithms skills, familiarity with distributed systems architecture and an interest in data analysis and modelling. The candidate must be a team player with strong communication skills and be able to work effectively as part of a global team.
- Implementation, configuration and deployment of data streaming components (based on Apache Pulsar, and Flink) and caching and indexing services (based on Redis and Elastic Search) handling very large data sets.
- Implementation of client APIs and data models to allow our clients across the firm to interact with the Data Fabric.
- Provide architectural guidance and technical assistance to other development teams as they onboard on the platform.
- Implementation of automated unit and integration test cases.
- Mentor global team members and conduct code reviews.
THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO GET THE JOB:
- 5-7 years of Core Java server-side programming experience on a Linux platform.
- Strong design skills and a deep understanding of design patterns and software development best practices.
- Expertise in service-oriented architecture and design, messaging protocols, concurrent programming and relational databases.
- Cloud knowledge (Preferred AWS).
- Familiarity with distributed in-memory caching (Redis or Memcached).
- Experience with streaming technologies such as Apache Kafka or Pulsar.
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Web UI development experience, specifically, React.
- Scripts Automation (Prefer Terraform / CloudFormation).