Share this Opportunity
Location: Boca Raton , FL
Salary/Pay Range: $120,000 - $135,000
A Full-time, Information Systems Manager job is available with our client, a company in the healthcare industry, located in Boca Raton, FL.
The Manager, Information Systems provides leadership and manages technical operations to accomplish business goals and objectives. Executes IT initiatives relative to the company’s IT infrastructure and operational needs. Implements technology effectively, that will help the company achieve a sustainable competitive advantage. In partnership with the user community and IT staff, ensures appropriate services levels are defined and maintained, including system availability, performance, security and quality. The position is responsible for financial management and controls, project management and coordination.
- Manage computing and Information Technology plans, policies, programs and schedules for business and finance data processing, computer services, network communications and management information services to accomplish corporate goals and objectives.
- Maintain high service levels related to systems operations, capacity planning and delivery, systems and infrastructure availability, data security and systems performance.
- Develop innovative ways to better leverage existing technical and human resources.
- Provide guidance and leadership to the IT Operations support staff by setting standards, implementing best practices, providing constructive feedback and conducting timely and effective performance evaluations to ensure an effective and coordinated team.
- Interact with company managers or key contacts on internal and external operations that are impacted by the capture, storage, processing and dissemination of information.
- Execute assigned projects according to approved plans, on time and on budget and in compliance with company methods and policies.
- Maintain compliance within the IT Operations area, following company and departmental procedure.
- Ensure the security of the information systems, communication lines and equipment.
- Identify emerging information technologies to be assimilated, integrated and introduced within the company.
- Evaluate overall operations of computing and information technology architecture and recommend enhancements.
- Contribute to the IT strategic plan that includes a definition of business needs and assessment of existing technology.
- Continuously evaluate and implement best practices for highly available information services and IT operations.
- Provide operational and Infrastructure assistance in the design and implementation of new applications and business solutions as well as changes to existing computer systems and software packages.
- Assist in the development or enhancement of IT departmental policy and controls.
THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO GET THE ROLE:
- 5+ years in an IT Operational leadership role, with application, Infrastructure and business support activities, preferably in a pharmaceutical/manufacturing organization.
- Budget and fiscal management.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating and change management.
- Knowledge of supporting clinical and transactional 3rd party services including “Cloud” and hosted systems and network-based services.
- Knowledge and understanding of virtualized and physical multi-platform environments: VMware vSphere, Hyper-V, Citrix, Linux, Windows Server.
- Familiarity with network architecture and administration of network Infrastructure, including but not limited to: Cisco Switches and Routers, Fortinet FortiGate Firewalls.
- Familiarity with enterprise storage solutions (SAN, NAS, Cloud storage).
- Familiarity with Cloud-based Infrastructure and environments such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.
- Familiarity with Backup and Recovery systems such as Veeam Backup and Replication, Symantec BackupExec, or equivalent.
- Extensive Active Directory Administration knowledge.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office 365 administration.
- Familiarity with MS SQL and Oracle.
- Familiarity with Desktop Management applications such as Microsoft SCCM, Desktop Central, Desktop Authority or equivalent.
- Familiarity with Service Desk applications such as ServiceDesk Plus, Service Desk Express or equivalent.
- Able to complete multiple complex tasks on a timely basis and with minimal supervision.
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage people and to motivate and develop teams to produce quality work-product and services.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field. Some formal education in the Biosciences preferred.