Share this Opportunity
Location: NY, New York
Salary/Pay Range: $800 -$825
A Senior Network Security Engineer job is available with our client, a multinational financial firm, with headquarters in NYC. This is a hybrid, contract role, based in Miami, FL.
Client has a dedicated team that works across the firm to properly balance security with convenience, believing that securing the firm requires a total team effort. Since Cybersecurity is 75% about people and process and 25% about technology, the team is dedicated to creating business value through security solutions. User training/awareness programs, development of governance models, transparent metrics, industry leading technologies and innovative approaches are part of clients' world class information risk and security.
- As a Senior Network Security Engineer, you will provide leadership and hands-on expertise for a diverse set of network security projects including but not limited to Cloud, Firewall, WAF and Web proxies.
- Lead and support information security projects by researching, documenting, and assisting with the implementation of network security products.
- Provide engineering and operational support for network security products and services (new deployments, hardware refresh/upgrades, migrations and feature implementation).
- Security policy administration on various network security products.
- Work closely with the architecture teams to evaluate the security readiness of new features and functionalities in network security products.
- Improve and implement security hardening processes for overall infrastructure security, patch management and documentation.
- Mentor and guide other teams in the organization on network security best practices, security vulnerabilities and implementation/enforcement of the compensating controls.
- Firewall & Network Security rule design and administration across multiple platforms (Cloud / AWS).
- Firewalling / ACLs (Traditional Segmentation).
- Zero Trust Network Policy (Micro Firewall & Network Security rule design and administration across multiple platforms.
- Network traffic flow analysis utilizing a SIEM platform (Splunk).
THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO GET THE ROLE:
- 5+ years in a hands-on technical experience in implementing Network Security products like Firewall, Cloud / onsite web proxies and DDoS mitigation solutions.
- Knowledge of firewalls (Palo Alto FW) preferred.
- Cloud Security - AWS preferred.
- Possess a strong understanding of security operations concepts such as perimeter defense, BYOD management, data loss protection, insider threat, kill-chain analysis, risk assessment and security metrics.
- Have a strong understanding of network protocols.
- Follows Information Security best practices.
- Have the desire to learn new technologies, share best practices, and contribute to the broader shared knowledge of a global infrastructure and security team.
- An ability to self-organize, prioritize activities independently, create documentation and reporting.
- Prior experience Interfacing with business and technology stakeholders.
- Experience managing stakeholder expectations in the delivery of projects.
- Enables creative solutions by stimulating ideas through discussion and collaboration.
- An ability to manage uncertainty well – able to assess and act with good enough but imperfect or incomplete information.
- Have strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to explain technical ideas to non-technical individuals at any level.
If you’d like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After you've applied, connect directly to the recruiter at linkedin.com/in/kenny-allen-815192100