Share this Opportunity
Location: New York, NY
Salary/Pay Range: $120,000 - $150,000
Job DescriptionA Full-time Equity Execution Production Support job is available at our client, a Global Investment Bank located in NYC. Please Note - This is a hybrid work model role that requires you to be able commute to NYC office.
The primary responsibility of the Equity Execution Production Services team is to provide Level One, Two and Three Support across all Equity businesses which include Derivatives, Convertible Bonds, Delta One, Program Trading and Proprietary Trading. Additionally, the team also provides application support for Operations and middle office. The team supports both front-end applications and back-end services which include OMS/EMS, risk and position management system, trading and sales research tools.
The ideal candidate will have strong technical and business knowledge in OMS/EMS, with Trading Floor or Front Office support experience, FIX Protocol and client onboarding experience with strong communication skills.
This is a hands-on support role on the Equity Trading Floor. The main responsibilities are to maintain and support OMS/EMS applications, trade order flows and various regulatory reports such as ACTS/CAT. The role requires constant interaction with Sales and Trading, Middle Office and Operations teams. Work will incorporate both hands-on support, incident and problem management. A successful candidate can expect to be involved in an array of short/longer term projects.
The role presents an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to develop a broad range of technical and soft skills, as well as the ability to develop a thorough understanding of Equity Execution, Convertible and Equity Derivatives businesses and their associated work and system flows.
- Problem analysis and resolution
- Issue tracking and prioritization
- Release, incident and DR/BCP management
- Application and system troubleshooting
- Batch and system management.
- MIS and ad-hoc reporting
- Interfacing with development teams
- Manage user queries and service requests (often requiring in depth analysis of the technical and/or business logic of our systems)
THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO GET THE ROLE:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Trade Floor or related support experience
- Good product knowledge of Securities financial instruments (Equities preferred)
- Knowledge of Equity Derivatives is a plus.
- Experience with Electronic Trading Platforms and OMS/EMS systems
- Strong technical and analytical skills - SQL knowledge and scripting experience
- Able to navigate in UNIX and Windows proficiently
- FIX Protocol
- Experience with System Monitoring platforms
- A good understanding of ITIL practices
- Able to troubleshoot problems in multiple environments
- Excellent communication skills, ability to multi-task, and work towards tight deadlines
- Able to handle a fast-paced trading environment.
- Sense of urgency when handling production issues impacting the desk/firm’s ability to do business
- Ability to analyze complex scenarios from both technical and business perspective and deliver solutions
- Ability to meet deadlines in an environment with multiple competing priorities
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering.
- Good knowledge of risk management and P&L.
- Hands-on experience in Autosys and Sentinel.
- Knowledge of Incident, Problem and Change management process.
- Familiarity with middleware, such as TIBCO or Solace.