Share this Opportunity
Location: New York, New York
Salary/Pay Range: $130,000 - $150,000
Job DescriptionA Full-time, Senior Java Developer job is available with our client, a global investment bank, located in NYC. This is a hybrid role that requires candidates to be in commuting distance to the local office.
You will join the Wholesale Data Services Technology Team building services within Reference Data group, where the data is a key shared service and is used extensively by Rates, Credit, Securitized products and other businesses, with a large set of requirements for strategic expansion.
The team is responsible for the design and development of the client's Instrument Master and Takara systems, ingesting data from multiple vendors and internal sources, validating it in real time and distributing it to the rest of the firm.
The candidate will be working in areas which support the Credit, Rates, Mortgages and Equities businesses, along with Core Software Infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have a combination of strong software development skills and an interest in Data Analysis and Modelling.
Must be a team player with strong communication skills and be able to work effectively as part of a global team.
- Implementation of ETL components and gateways capable of processing thousands of updates/messages per second.
- Analyze vendor data and mapping of internal Nomura data structures.
- Develop services utilizing Trade and Reference Data covering Regulatory and Transaction Reporting.
- Assist other teams who use the data to solve business problems.
- Implement Real Time indexing and context sensitive search services handling very large data sets (millions of records).
- Develop/configure intelligent caching and data distribution strategies.
- Build services leveraging static and reference data maintained by the application.
- Implement automated unit and integration Test Cases.
- Mentor global team members and conduct code reviews.
THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO GET THE ROLE:
- 7 years of Core Java Server Side Programming experience on a Unix/Linux platform.
- Experience building RESTful Web Services.
- Strong Software Engineering skills and deep understanding of Design Patterns and Software Development best practices.
- Expertise in Service Oriented Architecture and Design, Messaging Protocols, Concurrent Programming and Relational Databases.
- Experience in building applications using modern methodologies and practices e.g., Maven/Gradle, Git, Agile, DevSecOps, Jenkins CI/CD.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with distributed in-memory caching.
- Web UI development experience, in particular with React.
- Experience with Public Cloud Technologies such as AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Experience building containerized applications using Docker or similar technologies with Kubernetes stack.
- Pay range: $130,000 - $150,000
If you’d like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.