Share this Opportunity
Location: NYC, New York
Salary/Pay Range: $100,000 - $115,000 CAN
A Full-time, Sr. Application Support Specialist, Tech Ops, job is available with our client, a large data analytics / financial firm, located in Toronto, CA. This is a hybrid role and candidates must be willing to commute to the Toronto office throughout the week.
PVR TechOps Application Support is a global team that delivers specialized technical support across a wide suite of financial market data and information services within the PVR business segments which stands for Pricing, Valuations and Reference Data. The team focuses on service availability and continuous improvement of support process through collaboration centralizing on proactive, technical, and innovative engagements across business stakeholders, operations and development teams.
The TechOps team works closely with a highly competent Client Services team and the core project teams to resolve client issues and improve the platform. Their work helps ensure that all products are provided a high-quality service and maintaining client satisfaction. The team is responsible for owning and maintaining our On-prem, as well Cloud hosted apps.
This is an extremely critical role to help affect positive client experience by virtue of maintaining high availability of business-critical applications.
- Deliver all aspects of production support for various applications along with some of 3rd party vendor products, including incident resolution or proactive mitigation, change and problem management.
- Will ensure compliance to all agreed SLAs and requirements.
- Manage and maintain Cloud Infrastructure.
- Perform a variety of tech operational tasks including, coordinating all resources and stakeholders, planning and setting milestones, assigning responsibilities and monitoring, summarizing and communicating progress and status.
- Mentor and develop the support team.
- Act as SME and day to day management of support team, client issues and incident escalations.
- Work on latest in technology like AWS, Terraform, Datadog etc.
- Work in an environment which allows for complete ownership and scalability.
- Opportunity to lead and manage a team of high performing TechOps engineers.
- Exposure to learn about industry leading OTC Derivatives and Pricing products.
THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO GET THE ROLE:
- 10+ years of Application Support/TechOps experience with team management experience.
- MUST have knowledge of Cloud technologies like AWS, Google Cloud, Oracle Cloud, Containerization.
- Version management and CI/CD knowledge is desired.
- Must have experience working with Oracle, PL/SQL Query, Linux/Unix Shell Scripting, Core Java.
- Experience in Java, J2EE, JEE technologies, such as, Servlet, JSP, Spring, Hibernate, understanding of networking concepts etc. is desired.
- Able to work flexible hours, including some weekends and possibly public holidays, in order to meet work demands and project deadlines.