Share this Opportunity
Location: New York, New York
Salary/Pay Range: $120,000 - $160,000
A full-time, Voice Engineer job is available with our client, an enterprise-grade responsible business communication platform, located in NYC. This is a remote position, but candidates must be located within Eastern or Central time zones.
- You will be reporting to the Head of Engineering and work cross-functional teams, to capture requirements, define and prioritize development, testing and rollout of VOIP functionalities.
- Develop services that offer voice call (ivr, voicemail) and voice recording capability.
- Design and implement high availability VoIP platform layer.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in multiple locations.
- Work with in house development teams as well as vendors to ensure timely deliveries satisfying functional and technical requirements.
THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO GET THE ROLE:
- Knowledge of Real Time Communication Protocols, Technologies (TCP/IP, SIP, RTP, RTCP, TLS, STUN, TURN, WebRTC).
- Experience with Open Source VoIP applications such as Kamailio, FreeSWITCH (knowledge of OpenSIPS, RTPEngine, Asterisk are plus) and open source tools such as Wireshark, sngrep and Homer.
- 2+ years of VoIP software development experience, strong knowledge of Lua or/and Bash.
- Knowledge of standard audio and video codecs, and common issues in media sessions.
- Understanding of security and authentication standard methodologies.
Hourly Pay range: $120K - $160K
If you’d like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact us directly at email@example.com .