Share this Opportunity
Location: Toronto, ON
Salary/Pay Range: $70,000 - $80,000 CAN
Job DescriptionA Full-time, Application Support Specialist - Associate level job, is available with our client, a large data analytics / financial firm, located in Toronto, CA. This is a hybrid role and candidates must be willing to commute to the Toronto office throughout the week.
The client is seeking a 1-3 year, Application Support Specialist to join a global team that delivers Equities and Data Analytics. You will support major product deliverables and availability of their DeltaOne solutions. This role focuses on continuously improving support processes through collaboration centralizing on proactive, technical and innovative engagements across business stakeholders, operations and development teams.
- Apply strong technical skills and good business knowledge together with investigative techniques to identify and resolve issues efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Deeply immerse in the business domain, identify and implement innovative solutions and technologies that enhance system and application monitoring.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills valuable for managing service incidents and working collaboratively with other teams.
- Implement and monitor system alerts for early detection and mitigation of potential service incidents.
- Involve and contribute solutions that address system and application vulnerabilities.
- Constantly coordinate with product and development teams to ensure support readiness of new releases and enhancements.
- Work on tooling, solutions and automation of operational support functions.
THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO GET THE ROLE:
- 1-3 years of experience in an Application Support role is required.
- Experience working on AWS Cloud technologies (Lambda, SQS, SNS, S3, Dynamo DB, Step Functions, EC2, Fargate etc.)
- Must be knowledgeable in SDLC and raising development bugs --priority assessment, high quality analysis and detailed investigation.
- Must have fundamental working knowledge of RDBMS - Oracle, SQL Server and RDS, including stored procs, complex joins, database query, planning, analysis and monitoring.
- Broad knowledge of server administration across different operating systems such as Linux and Windows technologies.
- Good Shell Scripting experience is a must.
- Ability to use Python is an advantage.
- Ideally familiar with monitoring tools such as DataDog, PagerDuty, Splunk and Centreon.
- Demonstrable experience of working on highly transactional, available and scalable business critical systems are highly preferred.
- Knowledge of, or experience of working in the financial services industry is preferred.
- Excellent understanding of software systems and technology
- Good understanding of software support team functions and a solid understanding of the end-to-end application development process.
- A strong desire to keep up with all the latest developments in related technologies.
- Confident individual who can represent the team at various levels.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to carry out business impact analysis and prioritize tasks according to severity and importance.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly languages.
- Ideal candidate is a self-starter capable of working independently as well as contribute to the team’s requirements.
- Be able to work flexible shift hours including weekends to meet work requirements and project deadlines.
- University Graduate with Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering related degree.